This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Update on The Gambler

Lest I get too sentimental, Rachel asked me for "The Monkey Song" today.
I went through almost every song on the CD before getting to The Gambler. I finally figured out what she meant:

"You never count your MONKEY, while you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done."

I guess it's all perspective, isn't it? That'll teach me not to read too much into The Gambler ever again.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Judester said...

Well what else would you count? Ten little monkeys sitting on the bed...one fell off and bumped his head. Mama called the doctor and the doctor said - No more monkeys sitting on the bed! Nine little monkeys...

I know another song where you count Indians and one where an old man counts playing nick-nack, paddy-wack, but no songs where you actually count the money. I'd say your daughter is one smart cookie!

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Mimi and Papa said...

I just love the picture.
Judi knows all the songs.

Give them big hugs for us.

Papa

9:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home