This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Plan

So here's where we're at:
1. Jim and I leave for Chicago tomorrow afternoon. My Mom is going to watch the kids at our house Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
2. Jim's parents are going to meet us in Chicago tomorrow. They will stay through the procedure, stay the night in Chicago with Jim, and then bring Jim home to our house.
3. After Jim comes out of recovery from the procedure, I am leaving Chicago and driving home. I can't stay in Chicago with him because we're not supposed to sleep in the same bed for around a week.
4. I get home Thursday night, and Friday morning my mom, the kids and I are all driving to my parents' cabin.
5. Jim's parents will stay and take care of him for the week. Jim and his parents will be meeting with Dr. Haid on Monday to talk about TPN, which is the intravenous feeding. This is not a feeding tube - it's nutrition that will go right through his port. The NP told me that they had a woman receive TPN last week and she gained 8 pounds right off the bat. That's what we need.

We are nervous and excited about this procedure. I have total confidence that things will go off without a hitch. I worry about what kind of results we'll get. I worry about Jim not getting pain relief. I worry that he'll be unhappy because it's one more procedure he has to endure. They've told us that Thursday will be far easier than the angiogram day. But what's "easier" in cancer-speak?

Please pray for healing for Jim. Please pray that we'll have the confidence and grace to make it through this experience. Please pray that Jim gets some pain relief and that we find some answers through the microspheres.

Thanks for checking in on us. I'll post info about how Jim did on Thursday night or Friday morning.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

For you guys? I'll pray. I think you already know this, but...I don't do that for just anybody. ;?)

11:44 PM

 
Blogger The Oakleys said...

Our prayers are with you. Good luck in Chicago. Love, The Oakleys

1:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with all of you every step of the way.....
Linda

7:56 AM

 
Blogger Judester said...

Yes - it's getting to be quite the drag on poor Jim. Poke, prod, stick, sit up, lie still, turn left, turn right, swallow this, give yourself a shot of that. Each thing in and of itself isn't absolutely horrible, but put even just a few of them together and I can see why the poor guy just wants something to work, so they'll leave him alone for a bit. We've got good odds on this one - 80 to 90% of patients with total tumor necrosis. I haven't heard Lola lately, but have heard Rock N Roll Fantasy three times...that's got to be worth a few luck points, don't ya think?

Give the kids a kiss and a hug from Aunt Judi.

Love - Jude

8:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will definitely be praying for you guys! We hope that this procedure produces the results that you are looking for and that Jim gets some much needed pain relief.
Love,
Your Cleveland Support Team....Darcy, Rob & Girls

10:39 AM

 
Blogger French said...

You are in our thoughts and prays every day, but especially this week.

1:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers often and I am praying extra hard for good results from this procedure! Alana

10:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home