This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Monday, January 29, 2007

The cards make me laugh, You make me smile!

OK- It's Jim writing this time so don't expect a literary work of art. The creative writing is Kate's forte. For me it would be more of a headless angel (see her post below).

I was looking at the side entries and stats (most cards, funniest cards, etc.) and realized that if we included all of the funniest cards and listed all the folks that have sent quite a few, our side bar would turn into the main body. That fact is that funny cards come from everyone and they make me laugh - all of them.

Consistency is truly a trait many of you carry. Like clockwork cards come in from...
Ted and Tonia Dandro
Bill and Debbie Marventano
Scott and Wendy Hanwell (and their dog - Macy)
Shelly and Larry Weidig
Dave and Doris Carter
Dave and Melissa French
Kevin and Becky Ferguson (and they're busy being newlyweds)
Tom and Tina Young (and their huge network of friends)

Then there are the packages...
Every other Monday I go in for chemo to the Vince Lombardi Cancer Clinic. Kate usually runs in and out, shuttling kids, getting me lunch, paying bills, etc) ALWAYS, on one of her trips in she brings in two boxes - One from my sister, Judi Kling (Judester) and one from my friend Tom Macak (Treble Hook). Makes that day a lot more bearable and really gives me something to look forward to other than having chemicals dumped into my body (not fun).

Kate has been the biggest support. A care taker's role is the truest of tests of character and strength. She has passed with flying colors. I love you , Kate.

So now my challenge was to exceed 628 cards. I never thought in a million years I'd be able to accomplish that. I thought - maybe 200. We are at 966 with a pile on the dining room table that will surely put me over 1000. Your generosity and acts of caring really fill my heart - You all make me smile!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Judester said...

There should have been a disclaimer... Funny cards come in from everyone, with the exception of my sister, who despite her best efforts, just didn't get the funny gene in our family. Oh she's tried, and has made me laugh, but not because her cards are so funny, it's because she's so pitiful trying to be funny and well, she's my sister and Mom always told me to be nice to her.

So I'll keep sending cards and packages and leave the really funny stuff to you and Uncle Bob - both of you always have me crying and holding my stomach from laughing whenever we're together.

Hope this treatment isn't a rough one! Love - Jude

11:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Dr Haid now for breast cancer. How are you doing now and do you feel Dr Haid helped you?

9:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home