This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

CEA Level Up Again

Hi everyone-

I thought I'd let you know that we got some bad news today. Jim's CEA level is now up to 86.4, from 65. Needless to say, we are very disappointed with this news. We're just taking things as they come right now. We are going to New York and we're sort of holding on for that visit. There's not much we can do at this point. We're a little down, but we know that setbacks happen and that we still have time to turn things around. Jim is so healthy - we just need to find the right combination to get and keep him cancer free.

I am very hopeful that the doctor in New York will have a treatment idea to get rid of some of the tumors. The annoying thing is that if we could just get rid of the pesky little ones, it would open up myriad treatment options for the ones on the liver. Until then, we have to use systemic chemo to try and get rid of the tumors on his abdominal wall.

Wasn't the blog more fun when I was able to write about our daily lives and use my imagination? I like the blog to convey news, but at the same time I wish I had better things to report.

Jim's doing pretty well - he's not sick this week, but he's very, very tired.

Best to everyone. Please keep us in your prayers.

love, K

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home