This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

And *this* is Babette

You might remember from one of my previous posts that while in Mexico, Jim and my father went on more than 10 dives. You also might remember that I said that I plan to get dive certified because I saw pictures of their dive instructor, Babette.

Since that post, I've received several requests for the pictures of Babette. Well, it turns out that Babette wasn't in any of the pictures, she was on the dive video. Lest you all think I imagined Babette while Jim was baking away in the warm Mexican sun, my sister-in-law graciously agreed to fiddle with the DVD and extract pictures of Babette. So without further ado - my reason for getting dive certified...

If you can't figure out which one Babette is, put your glasses on.


While Babette isn't any real threat since she lives in Mexico, (and she really wasn't interested in anything more than teaching them to dive) it's more or less the possibility of other Babettes. I hate that Jim shared this awesome experience with someone other than me. I'm jealous that his 400 cancer-free minutes weren't with me there. I guess this was a vacation from more than just cancer - a vacation from everything, including me, the kids, Wisconsin, doctors, hospitals, and reality. I hope he enjoyed it, because it's the last one he gets to do without me tagging along.

Not only that, but to further perpetuate my paranoia, Jim's friend Tom sent him a DVD called Into the Blue, starring Jessica Alba. Jessica Alba in the world's smallest bikini. Great. About 3/4 of the way through the movie one of the girls gets her entire leg bitten off by a giant shark and dies. It might be my imagination, but I swear there's a conspiracy against me in the works. First Babette and now Jessica? How much can one girl take?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Judester said...

Okay, so now what we need to do is take a photo of you and Jim, and Photoshop it onto a beach in Hawaii. Then it can take a prominent spot on the "Visualize It!" board.

Jim may have had 400 cancer-free moments without you last month, but very soon you'll have a lifetime of cancer-free minutes together! Think Hawaii!

8:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home