This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

Today I was getting ready to go to the gym and I could hear Rachel talking to Jake around the corner:

R: Just stay away from her Jake, she's crabby.
J: Yeah.
R: She's crabby because Daddy died.
R: She's just crabby. You might want to stay away from her.

Kate: Um, Rachel, are you talking about me?
R: Yes. You're crabby because Daddy died aren't you?
K: Well, I'm not crabby right now. But the fact that Daddy died is enough to make anyone crabby, don't you think?

R: *I knew it.* She's crabby. Just stay away from her Jake.

The funny thing is - I really wasn't crabby! (Although admittedly I did get pretty crabby this afternoon...)

Missing Jim is enough to make anyone crabby. Lately I've been working hard on moving forward with some of my goals. And although they are all positive changes, they're still hard to make.

It's fall again and we're just past the one year mark. I sort of feel like this is an opportunity to start anew. It's almost like a new year. I don't remember what the weather was like at this time last year. Actually, I don't remember much from September 17th until around Thanksgiving. I know I was busy and doing things...but I can't remember what. Or how. Or who with. Or what the weather was like.

Jim used to bring out his flannel shirts around now. Fall was always like a new beginning for him. He loved it when the air cooled off. I'm going to follow in his footsteps. It's time for a new beginning for me, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger French said...

One thing you don't need to change - your sense of humor.

11:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home