This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Into the Bogle

Thanks to Tom, Judy, and Aimee.

These are the people who heard my cry for red wine, and, well, delivered red wine. So tonight, as Jim and his Mom are peacefully reading and spending their time relaxing and mentally preparing for the day ahead, I'm...drinking the wine. Yum. Tom (a dentist, and a clever one at that) actually sent me a red wine prescription, with as many refills as I need. A prescription for Bogle Red Zinfandel. I promise to keep up my flossing, Tom. I love the prescription.

Judy and Aimee were just as clever (although, truthfully, I drank Judy's wine within hours of delivery and coerced her and my friend Susan into drinking it with me under the "Grey's Anatomy" guise), Aimee's arrived today with CHEESE. These people are speaking my language.

I was really joking about actually sending wine, but the gifts are a delightful treat, and you can all rest assured that they shan't go to waste.

In the meantime, Jim seems calm. Today we got the first physical evidence of chemo since he started treatments in October. Vectibix can cause a rash, like pimples. So far they've arrived on his forehead, nose, chest and shoulders. After a lone treatment. Also, the Irinitoncan can cause hair loss. They said about a 30% chance. Jim's hair on the top of his head is hurting, like knives stabbing into his head. His best guess is that the chemo is monkeying with his hair follicles, but because he has so much hair, and because it's rather tough, he believes his hair is putting up a fight and will most likely decide not to fall out.

Please keep us in your prayers for tomorrow. We have a lot to look forward to. We have faith in this doctor. We have faith that we are taking steps in the right direction and that Jim will be healed and restored to complete health. We are looking forward to seeing our beloved 2K nurses. And we're thankful for everything that we have. A beautiful family, a great support network, friends that define the word friendship, a strong faith in God, and that my Jim will be healed. Every day is another step toward complete healing.

Get your wine glasses ready. I fully expect to write a great report tomorrow night. It's Bogle Time!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Judester said...

Oh yummy - Bogle! I really don't care for Chardonnay, just not my thing, but Bogle makes one that is so buttery smooth, it is "dee-lish!", as my neighbor Lori says. There's a bottle of it packed in the case to arrive with me and the kids tomorrow...just in case we need a break from reds!

I hope you all slept better for today than I did. Thoughts and prayers for a successful procedure today went up just about every hour as I woke up ten million, zillion times last night.

Good wishes will be heading your way all day today. Enjoy those 2K nurses - they are the nicest set of nurses I've met.

See you tomorrow night. Love - Jude

7:58 AM

 
Blogger The Oakleys said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers today. Jim was my first thought when I woke this morning. I pray for a good report tonight. Love you guys. I'm glad that Janet is with you this week.

Love,
Steph

7:59 AM

 
Blogger French said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:42 AM

 
Blogger French said...

'May you find the strength to face tomorrow in the love that surrounds you today.' You are in our prayers today and everyday

8:45 AM

 
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Much luck and love to you and Jim today. I'll be checking for results.

11:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home