This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Letter to the Public, and other things

Dear Reading Audience:

Please help. I've been trapped by a sick, whiny 3 year old, a screeching 10 month old, and a husband who's going through chemo. I'm doing okay but we have barely any bread or milk left even though I went to the store yesterday. They are torturing me by making me watch "Go, Diego, Go!" and "Angelina Ballerina" in a continuous loop. The big hairy one decides he doesn't like what I'm cooking for dinner after I've finished cooking it. The little girl threw up. And the little one poops in his pants, and I swear it, he giggles afterward.

Please send wine. Preferably red. Not too light, though. Something heavy - like a cabernet sauvignon that's enough to make my cheeks pucker.

Yours in captivity,
Kate


Just kidding. Well, sort of.

Jim started his new chemo regimen yesterday. He got sick last night, but that seemed to push him past a milestone - he's better today and he said that he actually has more energy than normal. With this new chemo regimen he's going to have to go in for a shot of something that boosts his white blood cell count on the Thursday after chemo.

We are both confident that "this is the one" - this chemo regimen is going to help Jim kick out the cancer for good.

Jim receives Cryoablation on Wednesday, April 4.

Uh-oh. I think they've discovered that I'm communicating with the outside world. They just caught me with the computer open. I'm doing better than my posts actually suggest, but God help me, it's back to Angelina Ballerina.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Judester said...

Oh my gosh, I know you don't think this is very funny, but to the outside world, it's absolutely hysterical.

I also feel that I have the right to laugh, as I, personally, have been puked upon, and upon, and upon, by Sean when he was about Rachel's age. I went to give him a great hug because he looked so sad and then blah!!!!!!! At that point your instinct is to push the kid away and scream "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!," but I got my best mommy award that year by continuing to hug on to the little fella while he continued to puke down the front of me. Mark got the doghouse award for the smile that said "Holy crap - glad that wasn't me!"

This seems like forever, but it goes by in a blink. Just yesterday, Kirsten was Rachel's age and poof! in three years she'll be heading off to college.

Sister-in-law hears you though, and the Easter Bunny will be filling your basket with a nice selection of reds and chocolates. Got it. :-)

2:15 PM

 
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Hey, man up. *I* survived Barney. I swear to you that grinning purple jackass was Satan's sockpuppet. I couldn't prove it, but I strongly suspect he was sending them subliminal messages instructing them to overthrow the parental regime. How do we know he was really teaching them the Jewish alphabet? He could have been speaking in code and I wouldn't put it past the maniacal bastard.

Anyway....sickness seriously sucks. Taking care of everyone seriously sucks. It just sucks the life right out of you. Find some Spiritual Lipstick babe and then smear on twenty or thirty layers. Hot bath, pedicure, trip to the library alone....you need something to restore yourself. Do it without feeling guilty. It will save your sanity, I promise.

Hugs to all the sickies and lots of ((success)) vibes for the new chemo regimen.

10:32 PM

 
Blogger rachelvanvalk said...

Hi Kate:

I've been reading your blog off and on since you wrote telling us of Jim's cancer. You've been in our prayers ever since. I miss you back here in the ATL! You seem to have found just what you were looking for in WI, and I'm so happy about that. Lots of love to you, your hubby and those adorable little kids!
love,
Rachel VanValkenburg

9:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home