This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Partying like it's 1999

Okay so...for the past two nights I've gone out and stayed out late. Between Friday night and Saturday night I totaled 7 hours of sleep. That's 3 hours Friday and 4 hours last night. Normally I need 8 hours per night to function in any way, shape or form. I feel like I'm in college or something. Last night my babysitter got to go home after I closed down a bar. The last time I stayed up this late? When we first moved to Atlanta. So - 8 years ago?

It's good to have fun again. It's good to have such awesome friends. It's good to think about something besides cancer.

I'm going to have to put my babysitters on a payroll this month. It's just a busy month. It's a welcome relief.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometime we have to just let our hair down and let the wind blow. Take our minds to other places.
Love to all...
Papa

3:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,

I can tell you are beginning to heal, although I'm sure you've figured out by now, that the process never really ends. I went thru a "wild phase" too. :) And yes, it is fun. I think it is very normal and wonderful that you are enjoying life. Kudos to you!

5:21 PM

 
Blogger Judester said...

What you need is TWO babysitters...one for the night when you go out and one for the morning so you can recover! It seems to take longer to recover in 2008 than it did in 1999...

I'm so glad you're getting some adult fun in. Love - Jude

1:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home