This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fun/Good Things

Once again the blog seems a bit negative, which isn't a very accurate depiction of our every day lives.

So here's what's new and exciting in our world:

1. We had a fabulous Easter weekend. My folks were here and we took the kids to the American Club for Easter brunch. Rachel and Jake acted like ANGELS for an hour and a half! It was really quite impressive how good they were. They got to meet the bunny. I have mentioned how much I like the American Club before. They do nothing half way. It was a well thought out event. The Easter Bunny was in the halllway outside the dining room so the kids weren't all swarming around a couple of tables. Each kid got a cute stuffed animal. They had nice music. And the buffet was AMAZING, complete with ice sculptures. I ate a deviled egg in honor of Jim. Rachel ate around 1600 shrimp in honor of him. Jake ate a lot of cinnamon croissants...but I think he just liked those...not necessarily in honor of Jim. :)

Our friend Lisa also organized a fabulous Easter Egg Hunt. There were over 600 eggs for 24 kids. Needless to say, it was pretty awesome. It was a sunny, beautiful afternoon.

2. I finally have all my paperwork and shots completed for nursing school. Yippee! If I made it on the waiting list in time I should get to register next week. If not, I have to wait till fall.

3. We got a webcam so that we are more easily able to talk to Mimi and Papa in NY. Thus far the kids are so wound up every time we talk to them that they sort of ruin it. They fight over the camera, yell, put things right up to the camera. I'm hoping that eventually they'll calm down and be able to actually just...talk.

4. Our summer is shaping up nicely. We have a trip to NY planned, a trip to northern WI planned, and a fun weekend with our group planned. Last summer we did this trip with our group the weekend before 4th of July. It was a mosquito nightmare!!!! So this year we're trying Labor Day weekend up north. That'll be 10 adults and 12 kids at my parents house. (Plus my parents!) Should be a good time. Last year it was a bit rainy. Hopefully this year will be better weather! Rachel is also going to do summer school - cooking classes!

5. I got to ride on a Harley! I am dating a new guy. He's fun. He got thrown to the wolves on Saturday - met my parents, the kids, and most of my friends. It was only our third date. That was a heaping dose of suburbia for him, so who knows if I'll see him again. ;) He only met the kids for a second (I have a rule - they aren't allowed near my kids), and I introduced him as my friend. Rachel got a salty look on her face and said "How come I don't get to ride on the motorcycle?" ... well ... motorcycles are for grownups. She didn't look impressed.

6. Jake is still in the throes of potty training. He's very excited because he gets a major prize when he poops on the potty. Of course all this excitement and the prizes have NOT inspired him to actually GO on the potty, but I guess it's good that he's fired up about it.

7. Rachel has her spring concert coming up. She's excited about that. She's learning money, GEOMETRY and FRACTIONS at school. Bear in mind, she's 5. She's in *kindergarten*! But I guess starting them early is a good thing...and she seems to be getting it. Amazing.

8. Spring has sprung here in WI. It's beautiful. Dad helped me break out the VW the other day. The kids and I have been cruising a few times. It's nice. I got our new license plates - they say
FUN 4 3
I thought it was fitting. It's just the three of us now. I like to think we're a good little threesome despite the fact that we should be a foursome. I chose the license plate as a reminder that we are still a great little family unit, and we're going to make the best of things.

9. Half marathon training is a disaster what with all the eating I've been doing, but I keep trying. Nevermind the fact that the half marathon is in two weeks and I can still only run 4 miles...

10. We are doing well. There are lots of laughs and lots of love in our household. I do have days that get me down, but I am very blessed to have my two kids, fabulous family, and myriad amazing friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home