This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nothing special

There's nothing particularly special going on around here.

It's a sunny humid afternoon. I can hear my kids outside, running around, screaming and laughing with the other neighborhood kids.

I worked on the corrugated boat for the Vince Lombardi Cancer Clinic this afternoon and it's coming along nicely. I worked with my friend/PAC associate Vicki. It was a lovely afternoon of chatting and gluing corrugated.

Jake pooped on the potty three times today. Yippee!

Rachel had a field trip today to one of the little local hospitals. She said her favorite thing was seeing a plastic skeleton.

I start school to be a Certified Nursing Assistant on June 2. Yeeps!

The kids talked to Jim Sr. on the webcam today to wish him a Happy Birthday.

Some days "nothing special" is rather nice. We don't have to celebrate anything. We don't have to commemorate anything. We don't have to be anywhere and we don't have to do anything. The kids had ham sandwiches for dinner and they are fine with that. I'm drinking a lovely bottle of Shiraz. It's just good to have days like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home