This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Monday, January 07, 2008

Togetherness

Death is nothing at all - I have only slipped away into the next room.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by my old
familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used to.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be the household
word that it always was. Let it be spoken without effort. Life means
all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is absolutely
unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of your mind because I am
out of your sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere
very near just around the corner. All is well. Nothing is past; nothing is
lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before - only better,
infinitely happier and for ever - we will all be one together with Christ.

Found in Ireland
Achill Island
County Mayo

Sometimes I like this verse and sometimes I have a hard time reading it. Whoever wrote this was clearly in a better place than me. I strive to get there. But I do believe that Jim will be there to greet us as if no time has past. I think he'll be at the gates, eyes twinkling, ready with a joke or something to make us laugh. I believe that Jim was one of the few people of this world that will go on forever. What a mark he made. In only 38 years. Imagine if he'd lived to be 100.

My brain is constantly infused with thoughts of Jim and I know, as stated above, that he's just around the corner. I am able to laugh. Jim and I had some really funny jokes. I truly delight in thinking about those times when I'm feeling lonely. Sometimes I laugh out loud thinking about him. He was a delightful person. Or, as my dad refers to him - he was "nutritious". He was good, he was positive, he simply made life better for everyone he came in contact with.

I can't wait to see him. I can't wait to see the twinkle in his eye. I think that twinkle was a window on his very soul, and I believe that no matter what happens after we die, I'll be seeing that twinkle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judester said...

You know, one thing about all of this is that I'm not afraid to die anymore. I'm not saying I want to - I wouldn't willingly inflict the pain of grief on anyone I love - but I'm not afraid. Either there will be nothing and I won't be sad anymore, or there will be something and I'll get to see Jim again. Either one of those options really doesn't sound as scary as it did before.

9:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home