This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Grief is Like a River

by Cynthia G. Kelley

My grief is like a river-
I have to let it flow,
But I myself determine
Just where the banks will go.

Some days the current takes me
In waves of guilt and pain,
But there are always quiet pools
Where I can rest again.

I crash on rocks of anger-
My faith seems faith indeed,
But there are other swimmers
Who know that what I need

Are loving hands to hold me
When the waters are too swift,
and someone kind to listen
When I just seem to drift.

Grief's river is a process
Of relinquishing the past.
By swimming in Hope's channels
I'll reach the shore at last.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judester said...

That's beautifully written.

8:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,

Right now it probably seems like forever until the grief will subside. Mine certainly ebbed and flowed for a long time, and as I've told you before, it continues to do so from time to time. When I think back to all the "one year ago, two years ago" memories, it is hard for me to believe that it will be coming upon four years since Paul left for the hospital. I can still relive and replay moments in my head like they were yesterday.

Every time I write to you I hope that one little thing I share with you will help in some way. It is hard to know exactly what to say... and I LIVED IT!!! Trust me when I say that when you get to the other shore, the journey will have been worthwhile!

12:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home