This blog is for Jim Marventano's family and friends to review his status and updates while he goes through treatment for Stage IV Colon Cancer. We can beat it together!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jim's 40th Birthday

Today is Jim's 40th birthday. I can't believe it. Here we are. The life we were aiming for, but with one major component missing.

Goodness gracious I do miss him. We all do. I would have wanted to have a big party. He would have wanted to have a small party. We would have had a small party, because more often than not, I deferred to Jim. Sometimes I wonder what we would be doing on any given day. Today I wonder if he knows we miss him. I wonder if he can see the party - a cookout in the backyard with a few friends and neighbors. Kids running all over the place. That was Jim's kind of party.

I didn't overindulge today, but we did hit Culvers for some greasy burgers, rootbeer and frozen custard in honor of Jim.

He really was the best, wasn't he? If we improve as we age, I imagine that Jim would have been about perfect at 40. He was perfect to me - at 25, at 30, and now, at 40.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home